Well, folks...sometimes the best policy with posting/ documenting my family's life is "better late than never!" My mom came to visit mid-August and it was so. awesome. Just what the doctor ordered...Nurse Jan! I've never lived so far apart from my mom for so long (I've lived in London and the Republic of Panama, but that was a semester at a time)...it had been 9 months since I'd seen her!
This move, for my mom, has been the best thing that could have ever happened to her at this time in her life. Though I miss her so much, I am so happy for her and proud of all that she has accomplished in this past year (almost). It has not been easy, but it has sure been worth it!
Plus, her being gone that long was almost made up for by the sweet moments we shared when I picked her up from the airport in Orlando:
I had said a little silent prayer before she arrived because tired, sick-of-being-in-the-car two-year-old children can be bipolar temperamental (happy one second, devastated the next), and Julian hadn't seen his Gigi in so long, I was afraid the reunion wouldn't be as joyous as I had been envisioning. Though I know my mom would have understood if that happened (hello, she had five kids:), I knew it would make her heart so happy if he was every bit as happy to see her as she was to see him. Heavenly Father heard my prayers and did not disappoint. This was the sweetest little reunion I'd ever seen! Julian was so excited to see Gigi!
We drove back to Gainesville and went straight to Peds After Hours because Ella Grace was super hot and turned out she had a high fever and a bad ear infection. After getting her some meds, we were good to go and we headed to the beach the next day to see everyone in the family! My sister came down from ATL:
And since Mom couldn't make it out for her graduation from college, she presented Jessica with this beautiful graduation present at the condo:
Jessica LOVES peacocks, and this is so her...she loved it!
Mom and Ris and Tom!
Mom with all her grandbabies before hitting the beach!
Down at the beach:
It was Marissa and Tom's anniversary one night, but they stopped by to say hi before heading out on their hot date!
That night we hit the town at a fun area in Panama City called Pier Park.
Ummm...look at my cute little husband family! ;)
Clapping with Aunt Jessica:
Everyone else decided to head home after a while, but Stace, the kids and I decided to party hardy a little while longer. Doing so allowed Julian to go on his first ever ferris wheel!!! He waited and waited patiently in that line with Daddy for-ev-er...
but I think he would tell you it was well worth the wait!
Though Daddy spent most of his night with Julian, there was so shortage of attention for Ella Grace, too!
The next day we hit the beach one last time before heading back home:
I love watching these two at the beach. The waves and all the sounds of the beach always make it too hard for me to hear their conversations, but words are not needed in order to see how much Julian loves playing with his Daddy. Capturing images like this in my heart make it feel as though it may burst...Daddy showing him the ropes, and J goes bravely onward because he knows his Daddy will be right there to help him if he needs it.
Ella Grace...I don't know if there ever was a baby who loves to play in the sand as much as this child!
Later that month we all got together again to celebrate Caroline's 10th birthday party!!
Lots of swimming at this shindig, too!
Before my mom left, she guaranteed herself a spot in heaven with an act of service and love that meant more than I can say. She decided one day that she was going to organize my closet and my pantry! I was SO PUMPED! Go right ahead, Mommy-o! She emptied everything out first, then started from the ground up...
St. Janice the 1st...
And look at my pretty pantry!
(If you're wondering why we have so much food, in our church we are encouraged to have food storage "so that, should adversity come, we may care for ourselves and our neighbors").
I am already ready for her to come back (so is my closet and pantry! ha!)...I was ready the day she left. I am so grateful for my wonderful mama, and that we got to have such a fun visit!























No comments:
Post a Comment