Monday, October 22, 2012

Mini Tally Trip!

I feel like we used to be able to go to Tallahassee at the drop of a hat...in the words of the wise sage Shakira: 
"Wheneva! Whereva!"

Now we really have to have a good reason to leave, because Stace is so. busy. And if we do go, I feel like it's always so jam-packed and scheduled between my dad's, my brother's, and Stace's parents...sometimes I feel like we barely get to spend a few hours with each party before it's time to go home again. We're lucky if we get to see any friends!  But last weekend was a rare occasion where we just got to get up and go for a relaxing weekend in our hometown. My sister-in-law was hosting a Premier Jewelry party for my friend Lolly on Thursday night, and then Sunday we had a family reunion in Georgia, so I figured that was a good excuse as any to get home for a long weekend!

After the jewelry party, Candace and I joined Stace and Berk at Po'Boys for a VP Debate Watch Party.  Apparently there was some seriously hilarious material that was covered because Joe Biden sure had the giggles! Or maybe one of his buds from across the aisle slipped him some brownies beforehand? Either way, we had a great time!
On Friday morning a few friends got together for a little play date at the mall. Stace got to spend some time with Kyre for lunch here, too, which was fun for all of us!  It's always great to spend time with the la-la-la lovely Lahtinen's (no matter which branch!;)
 Hannah had to leave before this pic was taken, but it was so good to see old (and new!) friends... even though it was a bit loud and crazy!
 Ella Grace is all. over. the. place. at a mall playground/ any playground! She does not let her stature slow her down. She is ready to keep up with the big kids, no problem!
 She is so fearless.  Not scared of pools. Not scared of animals. (More on that in a future post.) She absolutely LOVES animals, actually. Here she is making a beeline for Colby!
Friday night we hit up the best babysitters ever (Grandmommy and Pop Pop;) and used the AMC gift card they got Stace for his birthday. Date night! Whew hoo!  

Saturday morning Stace went and helped Chris and Hannah paint their old townhouse, and Katie let me tag along on her run! She is training for a marathon and is running 20 miles now! (AMAZING!) I thought if I went with her I would be inspired to run farther than I normally could. To give you an idea of where I was, on Friday I ran/ walked 2 miles as part of week 4, day 2 of Couch to 5K Program.  Well, with Katie I went six miles!!! (with hills!) I've never run that far before! It was so much more fun with a friend! She was such a fun running buddy...I wish we lived in the same town so I could tag along with her on a regular basis!

I truly want to thank her though because now I have hope to train for a Turkey Trot 10K instead of the 5K!

On Saturday night we spent the night at Beth and Chris' and had a grand ol' time, per ushe, partying it up with them.  Then we left early Sunday for the reunion. By the end of the Reunion I started feeling really sick. By the time we got home at 5 PM I had a 102.5 degree fever and basically slept for 2 days! (Thank goodness Stace could work from home those days!) Tuesday night Stace's parents picked the kids up,  Stace left on Wednesday for Atlanta, and I basically recovered all week (how lucky am I?! I know.) But this sickness really knocked me out more so than any other sickness I've had, time-wise, since senior year of high school! 
Sooo...maybe I shouldn't run the 10K!? haha!

2 comments:

freya said...

kim, you've always given me hope when it comes to travel with kiddos! you guys make it look so easy! i'm glad you got to come to tally and ga! and amen about those lahtinens :)

Kim said...

Freya, we must put on a good front! ;) lol!