Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Disney Birthday for Ella Grace!!!

After her super-fun playdate birthday party the day before her birthday, Ella Grace and Daddy played with her new Ariel Barbie her friend Addyson gave her in her new Ariel pj's from her friend Julia!  (This was her first Barbie!  It went over well...)
She was delighted to play Barbies with Daddy;)
And he was soooo delighted to play with her too. (Can we please get more pillows? We clearly don't have enough...thanks, Mom & Jess!)
The day of her actual birthday, we headed down to Disney!!!
(As you can see, this photo op was a bust...)
It was such a chill day.  It was raining when we first pulled up so we were all bummed. However, it stopped after about ten minutes, and there was pretty much no one at Disney that day! It was amazing! This reminds me...I never posted about our last trip to Disney...clear back in July! On the FOURTH of JULY to be exact! Yes, we are the crazy people who went to Disney on Independence Day...along with 75 million other people! Needless to say, this experience was completely different from our last trip to Disney! I need to get to posting about that awesome, albeit claustrophobic, day!

While waiting for Daddy to grab some Fast Passes, a sweet Disney worker let the kids play with her puppet:)
One of our first stops was to one of Julian's favorite rides: the Buzz LightYear Game! Notice his score: he beat all of us...by a lot!
 
This is his "brave soldier face":D
Sorry I'm posting every picture ever taken...I just don't want to forget any moment. I wish I could strap a video camera to a pole ten feet in front of my kids all day err'day.
I have a thing about profiles. I just love them:)
We then stopped to eat our lunch. This was right before I gave Ella Grace nursemaid's elbow. Great start to our Disney day! Good thing Daddy was a doctor in his past life and fixed it right up! 
 One of Julian's favorite things in life is to play jail. So this was a perfect spot for him!
 Next we hit up the Pooh Bear ride! Oh, how she loves this ride! Here we are waiting in line:)
 Insta filtered...love them things;D
There was a zero-minute wait for the Dumbo ride (unheard of!), but we stopped and played in the waiting area anyway because the kids love it!
 I am in love with this series of pictures which depict so well exactly how she felt about being on the Dumbo ride...
...especially this one:)
Disney just opened up a new attraction where you can meet Cinderella, Aurora (who, btw, Ella Grace knew her name when she saw her!  Amazing! She knew from playing her cousin Eileen's Little People Sleeping Beauty toy a month ago. That has been her only introduction to Aurora. She's got a photographic memory when it comes to princesses;), Rapunzel and Tiana. We just met the first two. We'll save the others for next time:)
So, pretty much the cutest thing ever was watching Julian's reaction to the princesses.  Ella Grace wasn't even sure about any of it, but Julian was so adorably bashful, yet ready to give some serious hugs. Yesterday he told Stace and I he was going to "go to the temple and marry a princess. No, all the princesses." Then he said that they're all going to line up for him. (Ha!) I tried to tell him he would get to choose ONE princess, just like Daddy chose one...me! Then he said he was going to choose me, too! ;)
Be still my heart...
When Ella Grace finally decided Cinderella was worthy to talk to her, she initiated their interaction by showing off her shoes.
Y'all, I die...
Gettin' cozy...
Bahaha!!! My sweet boy.
Ella Grace prefers to push and not be pushed.
 I have never had the patience to wait around for a good spot for one of these shows. This was spectacular to not have to "fight" any crowds...we were this close...we just walked up and then the show began! 
We went to Belle's Castle for the first time for her birthday dinner! It is so beautiful!
 
she won't sit on the booster seat if it's set on the chair. Why would she do that?

Trying the grey stuff, per Lumiere's recommendation. It is, indeed, "delicious!"
Touring the castle....going into the "West Wing"
Ella Grace loving the birthday card from all the Disney characters:)
Strollers are put to good use in our family;)
We looked over and saw this as we waited in line to see Ariel. She's so crazy!
You might think she seems less enthusiastic than you'd have guessed she would be...
But she got much more friendly with Ariel than the other princesses!
Ella Grace is all "you are. not. the real Ariel." ;D
"Nope, not buyin' it..."
How can I not post this...look at J's face!
My favorite photo of the day!!! Happiness is being whisked around Disney World like so on your birthday. (PS: this was as we were leaving...after having had no naps all day!)
Yep, she was a happy birthday girl, indeed!
A happy, Minnie Mouse birthday diva...
You'd think this was the last of her birthday posts, but it's not! :D We have memories created from celebrating with Grandmommy, Pop Pop, and Aunt Candace that need to be documented! :)

No comments: