One of the reasons I started this blog up again is because this is a very exciting time in our lives with Stace finishing up his PhD and applying for jobs. I wanted to document it. But now as we're in the thick of it all, and since nothing is certain (we are in a constant state of limbo!), I feel sharing anything publicly might jinx it all. ;) I don't know where we will end up. I don't know what the future will bring. I don't know if we'll know where Stace is going to start his career this month, next month, or six months from now. (Gasp! Could it be longer than that?!😳) But what I do know is that I am so happy. I am so grateful. I know we will go where we are supposed to go. I know Stace has done everything he can, and that it's in the Lord's hands. So now as I strive to not let my nerves get too wracked over it all, I hold onto the sweet peace and assurance that comes from knowing He will guide our lives with His gentle hand. He's proven me time and again that His thoughts and plans are far-and-away better than my own (Isaiah 55:8).
Tonight as I said my prayers I thanked my Father in Heaven for this life He has given me (yes, I'm typing this post on my phone in bed😉). Of course it's not without it's challenges, but I really love it. I could not ask for more. I love my family. I love my husband so much. He is such a good and unpretentious man. He's humble and hardworking and he makes me laugh. Plus he's cute (added bonus😉). He inspires me to be better. I love my children- I love the things they say and how they say them, they're soft little faces, contagious laughter, and happy spirits. Though being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done in so many ways, my children fill me with an indescribebable joy I've never experienced whie doing anything else besides being their mother. So often I feel I don't deserve the great blessings they are in my life, but I am so grateful they are mine and that I get to cuddle them and kiss their fabulously squishy cheeks each and every day.
This life is so good and though I don't know much about were it will lead us, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am so grateful.




No comments:
Post a Comment