Tonight in Target I saw a journal with a quote on it that I truly loved...and how true that quote is:
This is what I know, and I pray that this knowledge will just grow brighter and brighter until the perfect day (D&C 24:50): I know that God lives. I know that He loves His children. I know that He is in the the very details of our lives...our daily lives. And we can feel His gentle, guiding hand more and more in our daily lives as we seek Him more and more. I know that He cares about what we care about. Really, really cares. I know He loves us infinitely and that the feeling of His love in our hearts is the best. feeling. ever. I know the Atonement is real, and really powerful...the most powerful force in the world. It is by this miracle of the Atonement that hearts are changed, and he has continued to change mine time and again. The only explanation is through the power of that Atonement. I am so grateful for forgiveness. I fall, and have fallen, so short so many times in my life. I have failed time and again, and I look back at those times with such disappointment and sadness for hurt I may have ever caused someone. I hate that I have ever done that. And I wish I could wipe that away. I know that the Savior can though. I know that he has. I feel absolutely no malice in my heart right now...I feel so much joy and grattitude...it's indescribable. I am so grateful for the gift of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As tears stream down my face in silence in this quiet house while my sweet children are sleeping and my sweet husband is working (per usual;), and after such a great blessing has fallen into my lap, I feel so blessed to know what I know about eternity, about God, about families, and about how God loves and sees His children. We are His work. He cares for nothing so much as He does helping each of His children return back to live with Him. I am so ready for General Conference. I don't know how much I will get to actually hear this weekend with my two toddling, rambunctious kiddos, but I can't wait to listen to what I might have missed after they are asleep. I am so grateful for what I know. Words fail me now, and so I will end with this scripture...one of my very favorites:
Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory
in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will
praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea,
who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.
-Alma 26:16

No comments:
Post a Comment