Monday, October 14, 2013

Thoughts on "House Dreaming"

I call it "house dreaming" because we are not "house hunting" yet. The main reason being that we don't know yet where we will be living next year! However, as Stace has been receiving calls for interviews over the last few weeks, I have enjoyed popping on over to Zillow.com to see what the homes are like in that area.  Some of you might know that I absolutely LOVE home design and decor.  Interior Design was my original major in college, but then I switched to Eduction, then Public Relations (I'm really decisive...).  I just have so much fun thinking about and creating pretty spaces!  Now, how good I am at it is another topic, but I enjoy it nonetheless! :)

As I have perused photos of homes and home plans, here are a few thoughts that have come to mind:

1. "No one needs a 14,000 square foot house!"  When I saw the square footage of a house I thought was pretty, I literally laughed!  (Note: it didn't look nearly that big...maybe it was a typo?) But really, if you want a 14,000 square foot house, good for you! I just thought it was funny this house appealed to me, and then I saw the size...haha!

2. "Nothing is as annoying as an overly-decorated house when I just want to see the house!" (That is not true;). It's hard to look past all that stuff to see the bones of the house and imagine your own family in it.
3.  "Wow, that's a really nice picture of your bed!" It's silly to have a large-enough room to stand back and get a good photo of, yet the photographer zeroes in on the bed. I'm not interested in purchasing your bed, silly!
4. "If Stace ends up with a job in NYC, I'm really going to love my 500 square foot apartment." ;D
 (What an adventure that would be!)
And finally, here is a cute little link sure to give you a laugh a friend posted on her Facebook today.
Note: I think all of these rooms are crazy-beautiful! Functional and realistic for children? No way! But pretty, indeed! I think there is a balance that can be struck, for sure:)

No comments: