A couple weeks before Ella Grace was due, emails started circulating amongst the girls in my ward about the idea of doing a busy bag swap. Soon, 28 people had signed up to be a part of this fun idea. Each person would make 28 of the same little busy bags, and then on the night of the swap, would exchange with 27 other people. (One of my YW signed up to do it too, and used it as a Personal Progress project!) By the end of the night, each girl would have 28 fun and different busy bags to take home to their children. So neat! I was a little hesitant to sign up, knowing I was about to pop any day, and not knowing how much time I would have after the baby was born to dedicate to making 28 of anything. I am so glad I decided to join in, because I now have 28 of the cutest little activities to let Julian play with and learn from. The two hostesses of the event did give us quite a bit of time to get the bags done, but I only started mine on Tuesday, and the swap was on Thursday! ha! The girls were nice when I admitted I'd waited so long and said "you just had a baby!" and I said "well, thank you for letting me have that excuse..." :) I made tic tac toe felt boards, and provided foam heart and stars for the "x's and o's."
Here I am with the lovely ladies who were able to attend that evening:

I just love my ward and the girls in it. Not only are they all beautiful, they are all inspiring and kind. Here are some of the fun busy bag activities:
Button matching game:

I Spy Bag:

Measure it:

Button snake:

Color wheel matching:

Matching/ memory game:

Counting cards:

Make your own pizza (this even came with a pizza box! so fun!)

Magnetic pom pom game:

For more busy bag ideas, go here: http://moneysavingmom.com/tag/busy-bag-ideas
1 comment:
You have so many young mommies in your ward! We're the youngest in our ward by like, 5-7 years at least, and even then, there are only like, 3 or 4 of them, lol. Fun idea!
Post a Comment