Saturday, November 26, 2011

"It's Moe's Time!" Oh wait...?

Julian will be two in five short days! Here are some awesome things he's been doing lately:

  • Often when we are about to do something, we tell him by saying "it's _____ time!" (Insert: scripture, gym, nursery, bathtub pool, baseball, Publix, Moe's, for example.) This boy has a love for Moe's that runs deep in his blood, so pretty much every time we drive by a Moe's, he shouts excitedly "It's Moe's time!" So yesterday when we were walking up to a Moe's in Orlando for lunch, Stace asked him "Julian, what time is it?" fully expecting him to say "it's Moe's time!" Instead, he responded matter-of-factly "8:30."
  • Julian pronounces his little sister's name: "ElBwace". This is how a conversation goes when asking him his little sister's name: Person: "Julian, what is your baby sister's name?" Julian: "ElBwace." Person: "Oh, ElBwace?" Julian: "No! ElBwace." Person: "Oh, El-la Grace?" Julian: "yes!"
  • Today after the sacrament blessing on the bread and while we were waiting for it to be given to us, I whispered in Julian's ear that "it's sacrament time. This is time for us to think about Jesus and how much we love him. Can you think about Jesus?" Julian nods and says yes. Then I said "do you love Jesus?" Julian nods and says yes. And I whisper "yes! and He loves you too!" Then we got the bread...and then the water. After he disposed of his water cup in the basket he said to the man who brought it to us "thank you, Jesus!"
  • His hair is a force to be reckoned with. I love it long (I always wanted a little boy with long hair like his...never expected it to have curl to it, so that's been a bonus:), but there are days when there is just no method to the madness on top of his head. ha!
  • Today I was sitting on my bed with Ella Grace and Julian came in and started pulling on my leg and saying "get down, Mama!" I apparently was getting off the bed too slowly for him, because then he said "hurry up, Mama!" what in the world? where does he get these things?! ha!
  • He literally knows all the words to his favorite songs, and has known them for a while. It seems like every time we've tried to {secretly} record him singing, he's not in the mood to sing, but wants to just listen. And then on the nights we don't bother to bring in any kind of recording device with us when we're putting him to bed, he's ready to get professionally recorded. ha!
  • Ever since he first became fixated on things/ began concentrating intently (like when he was a newborn and found his feet, for example), he's stuck his tongue out while concentrating. I have caught myself doing this from time to time throughout my life, but my Dad is known for doing this. He sticks his tongue out subconsciously while working on something or reading. Like Grandpa, like Grandson:
  • Tonight Daddy showed him how to beat box. He did it really well! He knows how to keep a beat! ha! We had a chorus of three beat boxes going at the dinner table. After ten seconds Stace and I both looked at each other and laughed at the silliness of the situation!
  • Last week Pop Pop (Stace's dad) was getting him in the car and called him "Scooter!" as he often does. Julian quickly corrected him and said "No! I'm Scooter Boy!" (Which Pop Pop also often calls him.) It's a wonder he knows his name, he's got so many nicknames. He'll look at me and say "I'm Julian." (Btdubs...he says "Julian" sooo cute!) Then he'll say "no, I'm Boo Boo!" "I'na big boy."
  • I've called him Guzza ever since he was Ella Grace's age because when he would coo and "talk" with me, he often made a sound that sounded like "guzza". I hadn't called him that in a while until Ella Grace started "talking" and she said "guzza" one day. (She says "goo" a lot though...so we've got ourselves a "Guzza" and a "Goo" ;) so I've been calling Julian that a lot again lately. I said to him last week "you're just my little Guzza!" and he said "No. I'na big Guzza!"
  • He still loves his books! Tonight it was so cute. He brought me a book to read to him and I was showing Ella Grace the pictures too, but she was kinda fussy. Julian then took the book and started "reading" it to her and then showing her the pictures. So sweet:)

  • He's quite the backseat driver, since he now will tell you what color the traffic light is, and what it means we need to be doing. "Mama! The light is red now! Stop!" "Mama! The light is green now! Go! Go fast!" "Dada, the light is yellow! Yellow means slow down and be careful!" Stace didn't know I'd taught him what yellow meant, and so when Julian said that to him, Stace just looked at me and laughed and then looked in the rear view mirror at Julian and said "Boo Boo! Who are you!?" haha!
  • Today I asked him how many sides a hexagon has and said "six sides!" a while later I asked him how many sides a pentagon has and he said "five!"
  • He's excited about Santa Clause this year! He gets excited anytime he sees anything having to do with Christmas. Last night we drove by a house in our neighborhood which is already decorated really cute and he said "it's Christmas!" I'm so excited because of his excitement...it's going to be my best Christmas ever! We went to the Mall at Millenia on Black Friday afternoon (we were down in Orlando with my family for Thanksgiving). They had the coolest setup for Santa there!

  • Lately whenever we stop for gas he's been asking what we're doing. We'll tell him we're getting gas for the car. Last week when he was with Grandmommy, she stopped to get gas and when she got back in the car and as they were driving away Julian said "thank you, Grandmommy. Thank you for getting gas for the car!"
  • Have you ever heard that Kelly Clarkson song "you don't know a thing about me"? Well, Julian likes to sing along to that song. It's quite cute.
  • Yesterday Stace was getting ready for work, and looking mighty cute in what he was wearing. Julian picked up on this too because he said sweetly "you look handsome, Daddy."
  • He calls the channel changer the "changeh changeh" :)
  • This boy loves, loves, LOVES his Daddy! You can literally see his joy when he's playing with, sitting with, or laughing with Daddy. It's contagious. He sure does look up to him!
  • He is the WORST, and I mean the WORST bedfellow! Don't get me wrong, there are few things I love more than snuggling with my baby boy, but he was ALL over the place...in a full size bed...with his mama and daddy and sister the other night. Stace took a picture with his phone: He gets this from my little sister, for sure. All. over. the. place.
    I've been getting this a lot lately: "he's just getting cuter and cuter everyday!"
  • "I'd love to stay and chat about how cute I am... but really I must be going..."

"This Thomas book is calling my name!"

2 comments:

freya said...

oh my gosh almost two?! time flies!
that sacrament story is so precious. and i'm always amazed at what a little smarty pants he is!

Tansey said...

Reading this makes me even more excited to see all of this cuteness this weekend!!!!!!!!!! Oh and your hair looks awesome :)