

One thing I love about having a baby is that everything is so new and exciting...this creates a desire within me to document everything! I still remember walking out of the doctor's office after Julian's first checkup when he was five days old. It was so neat to think "this is the first time he's seen a tree!" With something as seemingly mundane as that being so exciting, these babies lead pretty eventful lives! And that's just what Ella Grace's 2nd month was: eventful!
It started off with a trip for Daddy out to Denver, CO for a finance conference. The three remaining Gainesville Sirmans packed up and went to Tallahassee as Mommy didn't feel quite ready to be a mommy of 2 all by herself yet. Ella Grace's first full day of church was spent in Tallahassee 3rd ward with her cousins. She wore a pink Feltman Brothers slip and dress (size 0-3 months...it was so big on her!), her little tights that are hilariously huge on her ankles, and her little crocheted shoes she wore home from the hospital (also way too big on her ankles). Afterwards we took some pictures to document the milestone.
When he got home, we went down to Orlando where she got to see the temple for the first time. She wore a dress that her Mama used to sport. I'm positive she wore it best. :)

On the 26th of October she had an ultrasound of her hips, which led the radiologist who performed the ultrasound to diagnose her with a dislocatable hip...developmental hip displaysia. We were then told to see a pediatric orthopedic surgeon. More on that at the end of this post. Onto more exciting things: that night she attended her first trunk-or-treat with her handsome Daddy:
She dressed up as a cowgirl to accompany her brother, a little horse. He was obsessed with horses for a while over the summer so when I found a horse costume at Goodwill, I went ahead and got it. Too bad he wasn't quite as interested in them by the time Halloween came around:/ Nevertheless, she looked adorable in her cowgirl boots (which were actually doll shoes--also a Goodwill find) and crocheted cowgirl hat (thank you Giggled Pink)!
We were a little country family. Except on the night of Halloween, Daddy pooped out on the costume. Maybe because it was 100 degrees outside, and his bandana (which made his costume) was made out of felt. Understandable:)
The cutest little pumpkin was exhausted by the end of the night!
By the beginning of November, her little rolls were starting to show!


She wore this little number on the first Fast Sunday church she attended. I just can't get over how adorable she is in this fluffy little dress! I'm seeing dresses like these everywhere, and I want all of them now!

Ella Grace has learned quickly that life is easier sometimes when we just go with the flow. She is toted along everywhere and rarely ever complains about it, if at all. She is forced to leave the comfort of her own home so Julian can release his wiggles at the park, and at the fun indoor playground at the mall. Here she is bundled up on a chilly day at the park, and below is a picture of her and Daddy at the mall while brother plays.


Sometimes I stop and look at her and try and take in the fact that she is mine. I can't believe it...I have my very own little girl. And she is an angel. So, so sweet. She takes my breath away sometimes.

Gracie Girl is such a good sleeper. Surely our next baby will be a stinker when it comes to sleeping because we've gotten lucky twice! Ella Grace slept through the night in her bassinet, a full eight hours, several days before her two month birthday! I snapped this picture last week of Daddy and baby girl. Such a precious moment.

Ella Grace is SUPER smiley!

All it takes is one look in her eyes

with a smile on your face, and you've got her hooked on you. She'll talk and talk with you-- I can tell that she thinks it's pretty much the most fun thing ever. It's SO cute!

I discovered this month how helpful it is to where a Baby Bjorn while grocery shopping. We were at the store with Daddy and Julian, and I went to the bathroom. As I was leaving I saw this little ninja in the mirror and had to take a pic. Here she is peekin:)

As far as I can tell, she's taking after her brother in the love of books department. Towards the end of her second month, she seemed to really take a liking to looking at the pictures while I read.

Being a mommy of two is a lot different than being a mommy of one. Each day I'm figuring it out a little bit more...juggling a newborn and a very busy toddler is not an easy task. I've learned some shortcuts when it comes to doing laundry: enlisting the troops. Julian has always liked to help me load and unload the laundry, and Ella Grace likes to do her part too!

She got to spend time with some dear friends. She met her Aunt Amelia B for the first time. Amelia and I met in kindergarten and have been best friends ever since. We can't wait to see her again for the annual mother/daughter Christmas party!
She got to meet her brand new friend Bryn! Bryn was born four weeks after Ella Grace. Here are Bryn's mommy and I holding each other's babies!

She also spent some time with Ms. Hannah and her daughter Daphne. I love this picture of Ella Grace! And it's great of Hahnsey, too!

Ella Grace discovered her feet a couple weeks ago! And what a fascinating discovery it was!

We ended her second month with a trip to Jacksonville to see a pediatric orthopedic surgeon. Here she is looking cute in the waiting room:

We received the best news we could have! Her pediatrician did tell me that she and radiologist may have certain opinions, but whatever the orthopedic surgeon says is what we should go with, because it is his specialty and he would know best. So the orthopedic surgeon examined her hips and the ultrasounds, and disagreed with the radiologist's diagnosis (a "dislocatable hip"). He said he couldn't get her hips to pop out of place, and that what it is is that her hips actually developed normally, but her ligaments and muscles are a little loose, which is common in girls, and that it will likely fix itself. So we will do another ultrasound in a couple months just to be sure, but we do not have to do a harness or anything! Hurray!

Whew! What a month! She is holding her head up really well now. She seems too tiny to be holding her head up and looking around the way she does. Speaking of tiny, I forgot to mention her 2 month stats: weight: 11.7 lbs (74th %), length: 23 (81st%). Head: 39.5 cm (74th %). She's pretty well proportioned...it's just those cheeks that throws things off a bit! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment