Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Our Turkey(s) Came Early This Year!

This little guy was so fun to make! We were going to make it for our Family Home Evening activity, but I came to my senses and realized a toddler and skewers wouldn't mix well...not to mention that he LOVES grapes and cheese, so we probably wouldn't have gotten anywhere.

Three little turkeys!

This little felt turkey was fun to make too.

And our littlest turkey:

Today and everyday I am so thankful for my family. I am madly in love with my husband. More than ever. I am crazy about my precious little boy and baby girl. They bring smiles to my face and fill my heart with so much love and awe each day. The best moments are when we are all playing and having fun together. That happened tonight during Family Home Evening. We read D&C 78:19: "And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more." What a beautiful promise. Afterward, we went on a "turkey hunt" for our FHE game (it was pretty much like an Easter egg hunt, except he was searching for little paper turkeys). I sang "we're going on a turkey hunt" to the tune of "We're going on a bear hunt!" Julian had so much fun! It's in moments like these I wish I could freeze time. Or that we had a secret videographer so that I could one day look back and watch these precious moments over again. Little moments like this makes me feel like we're living in heaven on earth. Of course life isn't perfect, but in those moments, it is. I am so grateful for my little family. My heart is full. Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Eloquent Obi said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your beautiful family Kim! Love your new hair cut too! Let us all know when you are back on facebook...hahaha. 190 :)