This was us 2,190 ago:
2,186 days ago:
1,825 days ago, breaking into the top tier of our wedding cake:
and saying goodbye to it!
Out to dinn-dinn that night...
1,460 days ago we went to Osaka to celebrate two years of marriage (sad...we didn't take a picture). I had just started my big girl-post-graduation job and full-time roll as Sugar Mama.
We went on our very first date EVER upwards of 3,650 days ago at Osaka.
We went on our very first date EVER upwards of 3,650 days ago at Osaka.
1,095 days ago, we celebrated three years of married love at Moe's in Gainesville. (Again, no pic. The horror!) But I did post this on our anniversary.
730 days ago we had a seven month old baby, and my little sister was living with us that summer.
We went to the Flying Biscuit Cafe for our anniversary dinner.
Then we went to Target and bought a $5 purse so I could have something to hide our Coldstone Ice cream in for our movie (we've done Coldstone in movies since Coldstone first opened by the AMC in Tallahassee).
365 days ago, we had a 1.5 year old and I was very much with-child! My mom was staying with us. We went out to a great local Gainesville place called Leonardo's 706 and it was delish!
We came home to this:)
This year may have been our best celebration of all! We spread the celebration out for the whole weekend. It started out with this bad boy on Friday:
a Chick-fil-a Cookies and Creme milkshake is my favorite, favorite treat!
On Saturday we woke up and got ready to go to Silver Springs in Ocala. Our first stop once in the park was a glass-bottom boat ride:
Then we went on the merry-go-round, which Julian was SO excited about! It's all he could talk about all the way there. But he didn't want to actually ride on one of the animals...
Next we fed Mr. Giraffe! It was so cool! I had no idea how stinky giraffes are, though!
It was funny because Julian was slightly terrified, but he stopped and smiled mid-terrify for the photo! ha!
Next Julian played on the playground and then drove the boat and loved ringing the bell. He wouldn't ride unless I was right next to him. He's definitely not the daredevil type, that's for sure!
We saw some awesome birds (parrots, macaws) which Julian enjoyed mimicking, and also some very cool big cats. At one point Stace picked up Julian (and the stroller he was sitting in) to look at one of them through the glass, but he accidentally pinched Julian's skin when doing so, so Julian was crying pretty hard. The mountain lion, who had been sleeping five feet from us, lifted his head and looked at us like "what in the world is all that racket?!" for the duration of Julian's cry. When J was done, he laid his head back down and went to sleep. ha!
We also saw a creepy amount of gigantic alligators:
We caught them during feeding time:
It just seemed like the park allowed us to get too close...this photo is not zoomed in:
there was about a 5.5 foot glass separating me from this beast. I just tilted my camera over and above the glass and snapped this pic.
Then we saw the albino crocodile:
The park really tuckered Ella Grace out:
When we got home from Ocala we got ready for our hot date! We went to Mark's Steakhouse, which we had actually never heard of, but it's right downtown. I love downtown Gainesville and we really need to explore it more. When Stace told his supervising professor Andy he was taking me to Mark's, Andy said "oh, that's the best place in town!" So we were even more excited. Stace, of course, had a Groupon:)
I got this amazing grouper:
Stace got the filet mignon:
and we shared this lobster mac n' cheese as our side! AH! SOOO good.
I LOVED this place, and if my dad ever comes to town, I now know where I'm taking him he's taking me:) He'd love it too.
In the rush to get out of the house without the kids getting too upset, I forgot my purse. So...we were again in a dilemma ...where to hide our ice cream for our movie!?
Oh, not to worry! Julian's choo choo train bag was there in our backseat to save the day!
I felt so chic...
We saw the Amazing Spiderman and WE LOVED IT!!! I just did not expect that I would like it that much because I don't really love the others. But I love all the actors in it. I can't wait to watch it again when it comes to Netflix!
Our actual anniversary was Sunday. On the way home from church, Stace told me he wanted to cook me dinner and for me to relax. So sweet. He made some magnificent spaghetti and meatballs, with a side of broccoli and toast:) Then we went to go take a nap while the kids slept, but beforehand he gave me this:
I was so excited and surprised to see that Cloud 9 bag because just this past Thursday night we had a women's meeting at church where the people who'd been in Gainesville a while were filling in the new people on the treasures to be found here. One of my friends said "if you ever want a special treat from your husband, like for a birthday or anniversary, tell him to treat you to something at Cloud 9 Spa. It is the BEST!" I asked Stace if he'd known about that comment somehow (like if he asked a friend of mine or something) but nope! He's just that good:)
He always gets me the sweetest, sweetest cards. They mean so much to me,
and I have saved every single one of them from every single occasion.
I had mentioned to him a little while ago how I loved this scent I found in a magazine called "Miss Dior". I haven't had perfume in a while (though he got me some lovely Victoria's Secret body splash after Julian was born). But I was totally surprised when I unwrapped the present and found this!
He remembered...I had even forgotten!
He told me it was just the lotion (the perfume itself is pretty pricey!) but he sweetly said "I figured you could start with that" :) I'm super excited:)
He also got me flowers and tonight I made him snicker doodle cookies, annnd... he's eaten pretty much the whole batch! I'll post the recipe soon!
It has been a wonderful anniversary.
I can honestly say it has just gets better all the time...and it started out pretty great! :) In my patriarchal blessing, I am told something very special about the relationship I would have with my husband, and I can say with all of my heart that that statement is true.
The best part about what happened 2,190 days ago, aside from who I was with, was where we were:
I am so grateful I get to look forward to eternity with him. Six years down and forever to go!
























2 comments:
Happy Anniversary! You guys are awesome!
PS- Stace needs to totally give John advice on how to make holidays special! Ha!
I was sippin' on a Chick Fil A cookies and cream shake as I read this. Kismet. Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment