Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Divided, but not Diminished

Before Ella Grace was born, I remember worrying about how in the world I would ever be able to love anyone else as much as I love Julian. Well, I am here to to tell you that somehow, some way God has placed within us the ability to love completely and fully each child that comes into our family, just as much as we love the other(s). It's miraculous and I don't understand how it can be done, but I do know that we are created in His likeness & image and that He endows each of us with different spiritual gifts, and it is up to us to lay hold upon those gifts and nurture them. 
I believe the ability to love each child immeasurably and equally is one gift which He grants us all. 
He is able to do so with His children, and He has given us the ability to do the same.
"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." 
-Anne Morrow Lindbergh
 
My favorite part is when Julian says "Sweetie!" as he's trying to get Ella Grace's attention at 1:12:)

All throughout the day, my initial reaction to so many things that Julian and Ella Grace do and say is

"oh my goodness, you're SO cute!"
 
Their little personalities coupled with their sweet little features are enough to make me want to do nothing but kiss their cheeks all day and night...
and some days, that's what I do. :)
Julian right after waking up from a nap. One of the best parts of every single one of my days is right after Julian wakes up from his nap: he cracks his door open, peaks out, spots me, & grins the sweetest smile that is somehow so big and so bashful at the same time. I say "hi, Julian! Good morning! How are you?! Did you have a good nap?!" I kneel down and open up my arms and he runs out with the biggest little groggy smile and falls into my arms. 

Seriously, how did I get so lucky? blessed? 
 
Ella Grace is just the happiest little baby girl.  She is so fun, and she has added so much sunshine to each of our lives!  
Truly, there is seemingly no end to the expansive capacity to love. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, this is such a sweet post! What a beautiful sentiment. Can't wait to experience the love a mother has for her child. :)

Ryan and Crystalee said...

You are such a LOVING mama. Oh, this sweet little video of Ella Grace makes my heart happy and makes me excited to meet my future kids. Thanks for your wonderful example of motherhood and being a happy family.

freya said...

this is so sweet kim! you're kids are adorable and are so lucky to have you as their mama!

Kim said...

Thank you my sweet friends:) I am blessed to call all 3 of you my friends:)