In June we did a "Love One Another" chart as part of a Family Home Evening. The way that the spaces around the heart were colored in was by a kind word or act done or spoken in our home. We had the graph hanging, until just recently. (The reason for the bad hand-writing is because it was awkward to write on the wall while leaning over the bookcase to get to it!) Last night it was on the counter when Stace was making some ice cream, and he spilled his treat on the paper! Sad! I suppose it's time to say goodbye to our graph, but not without giving it the proper documentation on the blog:
Daddy helped Mommy start the lawn mower. Julian gave mommy a BIG HUG when he woke up from his nap! Julian: early in the morning while we were all snuggled in bed, Julian turned to Ella Grace and said "hey baby girl! I think you're pretty!" Julian: after a family outing at Tioga, Julian turned to me out to the blue and said "hey Mama, I love you too." Julian: gave Mommy BIG unprompted kisses. Daddy: got fuel for gas can for Mommy. Julian: When I got home from a church meeting, Julian said "Mommy! I missed you so much!" Julian: Dada walked in and Julian said "Ella Grace! It's Dada! I'm so excited!" Ella Grace: gave Julian a kiss for the first time! Julian: while pulling out of the driveway, he sees my face as I check for cars and said "I love you, Mama." Julian: "Thank you Mama!" (when I told him I was making him pancakes.) "You're so sweet, Mama!" Dada: always tells Julian he loves Mama. Julian: At church, Julian looks in my eyes and says "I like your pretty eyes, Mama!"
Look at that little man and his cute profile and hair...he's so precious...I die!
Julian was so tired, and doing everything he could to talk us out of the idea that he actually needed a nap! He subsequently slept for three hours...
Big hugs, big kisses, big tickles, big jumps, big giggles, big snuggles...that's what makes life so sweet. When these babies are grown, sweet moments like those listed on our chart are what I hope I remember the most.








No comments:
Post a Comment