The prospect of fitting into my normal clothes again and losing the rest of the pregnancy weight just. feels. good! So tonight when Stace offered me the last couple pieces of pizza (leftover from dinner last night) I looked at him like "you gotta be kidding me, right?" (hehe) and said "when I start, I start, and I've finally started!" to which he replied "you're awesome."
darn tootin!
(note: this is a phrase Stace swears I made up simply because he's never heard it before. Silly Stace!)
But I'm going to have to get a bit more creative with exercising than I'd like...I like to run and be outside for cardio, but it's FREEZING and A:) there's no way I'm taking Julian out there in these arctic temperatures, and B:) I have yet to get a pump (IE: he's not been bottle fed yet) so I'm always a bit nervous to leave the house because he might get hungry. That's really not a major problem at all, I've left him with Stace or family a few times and I just leave right after I fill his little belly up, but trying to work out schedules with Stace in order to do this and it still be light outside once Stace gets home is where it gets tricky. I REALLY want to join a gym so I can take pilates classes...but for now it looks like I will be stuck in my apartment... (wha wha wha!) any suggestions on good work out videos I can try that have worked for you?
Here's to STARTING!
5 comments:
I have 2 Medela pumps which are really nice if you'd like to borrow one for awhile.
If you are looking for a good short workout I highly reccomend Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. It is only 20 minutes, but a dang good workout. She has longer workouts too that are really good. Good luck. Your little boy is adorable! By they way this in Nichole McKenna. I totally blog stock you!
I remember going on a MASSIVE diet after I had Parker b/c I gained a horrible amount of weight. It was December and really cold outside too... so I stayed inside and worked out during his naps. I had it down to a T. The BEST videos EVER are TURBO JAM with Chalene Johnson. IF you are serious and want to sweat you have got to try it. If I could burn them and send them to you I would. She is AWESOME. The longest video is 45 min but you will feel great afterwards. Look it up! SO come April I had lost 40 lbs. Thats when I took it outside and started running and lost another 20. Oh, and in March when it had warmed up I would sometimes do a video AND a 30 min walk with P in stroller. I was desperate to lose weight. I had worked myself up to a triathlon when we was 9 months!! But don't ask me how I am doing now...haha... the holidays got the best of me... lol.
Good luck Mama Kim, you can do it!!
You really should add at least some minor strength training in with whatever cardio you end up doing. It actually helps you lose weight faster. I love Minna Lessig's 1 Minute Workout DVD. (I found it on Amazon.com.) It has tons of one min. segments and you pick what area of the body you want to focus on and how long you want to work out, and it customizes your workout each day. You basically never do the same workout twice. Which is really good for working out at home, which can get boring fast. Let us know how it goes!
I, like Nichole, recommend the 30-day shred. I wish I would have brought it to you when I saw you! It is awesome, I did it and though it didn't show on the scale (my body loses weight really weird, it never shows on the scale) I fit into my clothes better and I could definitely tell the difference. The workouts are easy to do during Julian's naps, plus you have extra time after to do something else, maybe additional weight training or stretching. You just need a pair of 3 lb weights!
Post a Comment