My poor baby was not about to wake up for Spanish rice and chicken or anything else, for that matter. He stayed asleep while I picked him up and carried him downstairs and rubbed his back and talked to him. I quickly realized I needed to let this child of mine keep sleeping, so back upstairs we went. I was kind of dreading the morning when I went to bed last night, because I knew it would probably come around 5 am. When I woke up on my own this morning at 8, I couldn't believe it! He was still sleeping! So then I got in the bath and waited still. Then Stace came in and I told him I was starting to worry about Boo Boo, and asked him if he'd just go peek in and see if he was ok. Stace opened the door at 8:30 and Boo Boo's groggy head popped up and he said "Hi, Dada!" He was ready for the day after his 15 hour hibernation!
Monday, February 21, 2011
Sleep-a-thon
Yesterday evening before I had to leave for a YW meeting, it became apparent that Julian was in desperate need for some zzz's. So we put him down at 5:30 for what we thought would be just a quick nap, even though it was pretty late for one. (His bedtime is about 8:00 p.m.) When I returned home from my meeting at 8:00, I was shocked to see Stace sitting on the couch with no Boo Boo in sight. I looked at him and said "is he still sleeping?!" Indeed, that was the case. I waited for him to wake up, knowing that it was probably going to a rough night for mama. And he never did. I also worried because he had barely eaten much lunch/ snack yesterday. I knew he would be starving. So at 9:00 I went upstairs to do the unthinkable and wake a sleeping baby to get some food in his surely ravenous tummy.

My poor baby was not about to wake up for Spanish rice and chicken or anything else, for that matter. He stayed asleep while I picked him up and carried him downstairs and rubbed his back and talked to him. I quickly realized I needed to let this child of mine keep sleeping, so back upstairs we went. I was kind of dreading the morning when I went to bed last night, because I knew it would probably come around 5 am. When I woke up on my own this morning at 8, I couldn't believe it! He was still sleeping! So then I got in the bath and waited still. Then Stace came in and I told him I was starting to worry about Boo Boo, and asked him if he'd just go peek in and see if he was ok. Stace opened the door at 8:30 and Boo Boo's groggy head popped up and he said "Hi, Dada!" He was ready for the day after his 15 hour hibernation!
My poor baby was not about to wake up for Spanish rice and chicken or anything else, for that matter. He stayed asleep while I picked him up and carried him downstairs and rubbed his back and talked to him. I quickly realized I needed to let this child of mine keep sleeping, so back upstairs we went. I was kind of dreading the morning when I went to bed last night, because I knew it would probably come around 5 am. When I woke up on my own this morning at 8, I couldn't believe it! He was still sleeping! So then I got in the bath and waited still. Then Stace came in and I told him I was starting to worry about Boo Boo, and asked him if he'd just go peek in and see if he was ok. Stace opened the door at 8:30 and Boo Boo's groggy head popped up and he said "Hi, Dada!" He was ready for the day after his 15 hour hibernation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hate.you.
Just kidding, of course, but I realllly wish Kiley would at least give me a nap!
I love it love it love it when Parks sleeps like that! Oh wait...HE NEVER DOES!!!!! :) He goes down around 6:30 and typically sleeps till the late hour of 5:30am! :) Maybe the king could persuade the prince to keep better snoozing hours? ;)
It *has* to be exhausting to be that cute.
Post a Comment