
I put it on his tray as he sat in his high chair, and he delightfully exclaimed "watermelon!" and I said "yes! Watermelon! What shape is the watermelon?" He looked at it and seemed to be thinking while I wondered to myself if he'd even understood my question. (IE: would he be able to recognize & understand the word "shape" in a sentence when we weren't doing a shapes puzzle or looking at a book about shapes?) Right before I answered my question for him, he looked up at me with a big smile and said "TRIANGLE!" Tonight he did the same thing with a piece of tomato that was also cut in the shape of a triangle. :)
I gave him black beans and yogurt as part of his lunch last week, and he proceeded to dip the beans in the yogurt. (GROSS, right?!) He LOVED it. He asked for it again the next day. And the next. By the third day, I had run out of yogurt, so I gave him applesauce instead. He now also loves dipping his beans in applesauce. ha! Tonight, after gobbling down tons of green pepper pieces and tomatoes, he wouldn't eat his lasagna (he still eats almost anything you give him, so that was a surprise to us...I think it was too spicy), but wanted "beans and yogurt." Oh silly boy.
As much as he LOVES to "dip" his food in sauces, Stace was excited and enthusiastically trying to get him to dip his veggies in a bit of Ranch dressing. It was so weird-- he didn't want anything to do with the Ranch! After Stace's fifth attempt, I said "well, I guess he doesn't want it to be fattening...maybe we shouldn't push it!" haha:)
One of my best friends, who was my VERY best friend growing up came to visit us yesterday! It was so good to see her. She is currently in law school and was down in Florida interviewing for a job. She is brilliant & she works so hard, and I have no doubt she'll do great things! Amelia came bearing gifts for Ella Grace. She gave her two little dresses which are simply adorable!

Yesterday we also took a little walk down to our local firestation to give the firemen some treats and a thank you card in honor of September 11. They in turn gave Julian a tour of the firetruck and a little activity book. He was a little shy while there (I think because he had just woken up), but he was asking today to go back to see the firetrucks! I hope to make it a tradition every year.
In other news...I have been secretly hoping and wishing and praying ever since I found out my due date that our new baby wouldn't arrive on September 11. Julian came four days earlier than his due date, and "they say" that oftentimes each subsequent baby comes a bit earlier than the last. I have been reading articles on how to look on the bright side if a baby is born on this day, (like what a beautiful blessing to come out of such a tragic day), and many peoples' thoughts on the subject to try and prepare myself in case it did happen. Stace agreed with many others who said things like "people are born on December 7 all the time (or other days tied with tragic events), and it doesn't matter...it is that person's birthday, which also happens to be the day that the attack on Pearl Harbor happened." I don't think he was even trying to make me feel better, he just really didn't get why I was so worried about her birthday being on September 11. My bff/ sister-in-law felt the same way as him. I have been watching the clock all day, and getting a little more hopeful as each hour has passed. Here we are at about 10:00 PM and I now know her birthday won't be on September 11. I am sorry, but I can't help but be relieved! Alright Ella Grace: you are free to come whenever you please now! :) We can't wait!
1 comment:
julian is such a smarty! and i'm amazed he can say watermelon! such a long word!
i totally understand the sept 11 birthday thing, i was thinking about that too this year for some reason. how exciting she could be here at any time!
Post a Comment