With each little girly item of clothing washed in that Dreft detergent, with each flower painted, with each bow hung up on her bow holder, with each little kick and roll and turn I feel inside my tummy, with the washing of the car seat cushions and nesting like crazy (I can't tell you how many to-do lists have been gone through in the past few months), I have been getting more and more excited!
I can't believe this is about to happen. I told my sister-in-law today how meeting my friend's brand new baby last night made everything even more real. I could never have imagined how beautifully and drastically our lives were going to change before Julian arrived, and to know that's about to happen again is almost too much to comprehend, even though I have been through it fairly recently.
One thing I know is that I love her so much. I can't believe how much love I feel already for her, having not even met her yet. I already can't imagine living life without her. She is special. I can't wait to snuggle her and hold her close and smell her sweet baby smell, to examine her little fingers and toesies, to see her first smile and to brush her hair.
One thing I've been worried about for a little while is how she will be received into the world, with her big brother having set such a high bar for wonderfulness. This has caused my inner mama lion to feel even more love for her than I already did, I think. One thing I know for sure is that Stace and I love her more than words could ever express already, and we recognize what a great blessing it is that she has been given to us and our family, just the same as it was and is with Julian. She is our precious angel girl and she is different from her brother, and perfect to us, just as he is.
Of course I am a bit nervous about how Julian will react to the new baby, but we've been reading on how to help a toddler get used to a new baby, and we hope the things we've read will prove useful. That coupled with love and prayer is all we can do, I suppose!
He was over at my friend Rachael's on Thursday and she handed him her daughter's baby doll and was talking to him about his baby sister. (He says her name so adorably, btw...need to get that on video, too!) She told me he was "practicing" for his baby sister, and she took these pictures with her camera phone:
Melts my heart! She let me borrow the baby doll, and he loves to hold her, and he's really gentle with her! It's co cute! Thank you Rachael!

No comments:
Post a Comment