- He was playing outside and I had the back door open so I could look out and see him/ hear him. He poked his head in a few times with a big smile on his face and said "how ya doin in there, Mama?!" I was totally surprised...he's never asked this before! I said "I'm doing good in here, Boo Boo! How are you doing out there?!" and he'd smile and say "good"...then he'd poke him head in again a few minutes later and repeat:)
- He was walking around the house this morning alongside his little Fisher Price pull-along puppy, and he made a stop at the pantry. He proceeded to open the door, look down at his puppy, and in all sincerity ask "what do you want, Puppy?"
- This morning he brought me a book to read that is often forgotten because it's too big to fit on his bookshelf, so it sits in the hall closet. The book includes a few pages of the Hokey Pokey song, so today he grabbed it and came running to me and said "Hokey Pokey book! Hokey Pokey book mama!" So we sat and read it a couple times. But I'd forgotten about that when later this afternoon he said he wanted to sit on my leg...my "right leg" in particular.
- His Grandmommy told him last week that she loves him "BIG bunches", and he replied "no little bunches" and she said "no! BIG bunches!" (and this went on until he said "catfood bunches!") So now, Stace likes to say it to Boo Boo and it's so cute! They do the same back and forth, except now Boo Boo says this every time...because I think he knows it melts his Daddy's heart (every time Stace laughs and looks at me like "did you hear that?" :) "No, big bunches and little bunches, toooo." and he says "toooo" in the sweetest voice ever! I got it on video tonight! YES. finally. :)
- Yesterday we were in Ella Grace's room, and Julian pointed to the sign above her bed I painted and said "Ella Grace!" over and over again....like he was reading it! ha! Most times when he sees letters clustered together, he just says "ABC's! ABC's!"
- Today I asked him where Ella Grace is and he said "in your tummy!" This was the first time he's said that. (also got this on video tonight...YES!) Last night we were in the bath and he looked at my belly and I said "say 'hi" Ella Grace!" and he rubbed my tummy and smiled:) Maybe this is when it clicked...? :)
- Today he sang the following all by himself in the car on our family run to Chick-fil-a for a milkshake before bedtime: "Baby beyuga in da deep blue sea, swim so wile an swim so free. Heaben above an' seeee bewoah and a little white whale on go. Baby Beyuga, oh Baby Beyuga. Is water warm? Is mama home? with you...so...happy? Way down yonder where the dolphins play, where dey dive an splash all day. Moon is shining an' staws out. Goodnight little whale, goodnight!" Stace and I looked at each other, again, mouths wide open and huge smiles...with looks on our faces of "what just happened?!" and then we partied & congratulated him on his extreme song making skills. He just kept reading his Nursery Rhyme book like it was no big.
- Today TJ and Amelia came over for the day for Amelia and I to make these together! We had a lot of fun, and will finish up tomorrow! Needless to say, Julian and TJ loved one another's company, as usual. (Though Julian is quite bossy to TJ...he's not like that with any other kid and it's so weird/ interesting that he is just like that with TJ...? The only thing I can think is that they have hung out pretty consistently since TJ was born, so maybe Julian knows and remembers TJ as littler than him-- even though they are pretty much the same size now!-- so for some reason he thinks he can boss him around because he's older? I have no idea. But they still love each other so much....both of their eyes light up when they see each other:) And thank you Amelia for being so patient with J!) After TJ left today, Julian yelled at the door "COME BACK, SON!" hahahaha! He did this a few times. The only thing we can think of is that he got that from his Pop Pop! If not Pop Pop, we have no clue...
- Julian also randomly gave TJ a totally unprompted hug and a kiss today! ha!
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Cute Things Boo Boo Said Today
I can't believe I'm making a post like this already. I thought the "kids say the darndest things" posts would be saved for the future. Well, I thought wrong I s'pose. Here goes:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment