I have been working like crazy on
this thing the past couple days. I'm about finished (just have to sew on the straps now & the ribbon tie I am adding-- I cut a line down the middle of the front of the blanket for breathability's sake). All I'm saying is the sewing job is inexcusable. The angel on my shoulder is telling me maybe I shouldn't be so hard on myself, since I just recently learned how to sew. But the *realistic*
devil on my shoulder is telling me it's a poor excuse for a sewing project, and there's seriously no excuse for these shoddy seams. Annnd...I better never wash it, or all the thread is going to come out. I can hardly sew a straight line. Seriously.
UGHHH! Please do me a favor and never look closely at the seams. Just. Out of the goodness of your heart and for my self-esteem's sake. If I post a pic, don't blow it up. So you don't throw up.
Rant ending.
Pregnancy hormones are in full swing tonight!
5 comments:
Don't give up Kim :)
I love hearing you talk like this Kim! That may be strange but I do! It makes me think of you pregnant and grumpy, like I am and I like it! Although.... no one would think it was out of the ordinary for me! I'm sure it's beautiful and remember, you could still come give me lessons on the sewing machine!
I bet it's wonderful!! Sewing is a hard skill but the more you do it the better and more comfortable you'll get. I still haven't attempted making any clothing but that's always the end goal in sewing I would say
It look awesome!!! I know the feeling too though...I almost called my blog "don't look too close"
Christina: thank you for the encouragement...I really needed it that day!
Kaitlyn: I am glad my super annoyed/ frustrated/ grumpy self brought a smile to your face:) Maybe I'll start calling you every time I'm feeling this way! Someone who will appreciate it:) lol!
Kendal: thank you also for your encouragement:) I love the things I've seen that you make! sooo cute! I loved what you made for Sarah at her baby shower! Yes, I'm thinking of taking a stab at Ella Grace's Halloween costume...we shall see...it of course is probably the easiest piece of clothing I could possibly make! (It'd have to be!)
Hannah: what would I do without you?
Post a Comment