
You also know she's extremely well read. She has read more books than anyone else I know. Her nose has been stuck in a book since she learned how to read. She used to get in trouble because she'd bring her books into restaurants and read them at the table.
Jessica has prolly read everything Shakespeare ever wrote, amongst many of the greats. After getting accepted into the private university she attends, she was invited to audition for a full ride scholarship by performing two Shakespeare monologues. I drove her up to Atlanta for the audition and I remember being her audience as she practiced in our hotel room the night before. She was captivating. Needless to say, she nailed the audition. Amongst 45 or so applicants, she was the 1st runner up. So if the one who was chosen as the winner turned it down, Jessica would be attending Oglethorpe University free of charge for four years...that's like $120,000 or something for free...based on six minutes of auditions. Wowza. Well, the winner didn't turn down the full ride, so Jessica's consolation prize was a free trip to London to study the summer after her junior year. She just got back. I could go on and on about this crazy girl. Like, how she managed to not only go on this trip virtually free, but also to get paid by the university to go. Yup. She's good. Anyway.

Here is a text conversation she initiated with me last week. Mind you, Duncan (the only "Duncan" I've ever met) is Jessica's ex-boyfriend and remains a close friend to her and our whole family loves him. I thought maybe she put the "King" before his name because she knows I love him...? haha!
Jessica: "I have begun to plant thee and will labor/ to make thee full of growing" - Shakespeare.
Kim: That is a really awesome quote:) What play is it from?
Jessica: LOL Macbeth
Kim: Which is... slightly morbid... haha
Jessica: Haha, but it was said by King Duncan, and he meant it positively
Kim: Haha:) is he with you?
Jessica: Lol no, he's in a script written by Shakespeare
Kim: What? U mean he's reading a script? Or in a play?
Jessica: No, I'm not with Duncan! Lol King Duncan is a character
Kim: Hahahahahaha!!!! U must think I am so dumb!
Jessica sent this conversation to me in a Facebook message tonight to amuse herself. She's never gonna let me live this one down.
1 comment:
awww cute cute Sisterly Love. Goodness she does sound amazing! that's so cool about her winning the trip too.
Post a Comment