Commonly uttered phrases:
- "Boo Boo do it!" or "Julian do it!" or "Julian help it!" (he INSISTS on doing everything himself! Including reaching the doorbell to ring it...which...he can't reach...oh silly boy!)
- "Angel Mowoni at deh top uh deh temple."
- "What dat mama?"
- He LOVES singing and reading Baby Beluga "Baby Yuga!"
- He LOVES his "I Love to See the Temple" book...I mean, loves it.
- He prefers to "read" his favorite books to me...he amazes us at the things he remembers and "reads" to us. In the temple book, for example, he turns to the page that talks about how each temple has a cornerstone, and yesterday he turned to that page and pointed to it and said "temple corner-tone" today he found an Ensign magazine and pointed to Moroni and said "angel Moroni crown at top uh duh temple" because it says in his book "The Angel Moroni is like a crown at the top of the temple."
- He LOVES Singing in general...it's SO CUTE! Can I please get it on video tomorrow?! He sings the words to "I Love to See the Temple" "Baby Beluga" "I am a Child of God" the ABC's in it's entirety, "Hush Little Baby" and "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star"...annnnd...I can't think right now...but those are the most frequent favorites we sing.
- Today while looking at a book he stopped and pointed at a lower case "L" and said "what letter is that, mama?"
- He LOVES Curious George "Curious Georgia" he calls it:) When we read it, I say "This is George. He was a..." and let him finish the sentence so he'll say "good little monkey" and I'll say "and always very" and he'll say "curious!"
- He LOVES to watch this video. I think he'd do it all day if I let him! (That's his Pop Pop:)
- We went to the hospital last night to visit a friend who just had a baby. I was happy to see (knock on wood) that he was curious about the baby, but he did not seem jealous when he saw me holding the baby. He sat on my lap while I held the baby and I said "do you see the cute baby?" and he smiled and said "cute baby!"
- He knows pretty much all his shapes, including the hexagon, pentagon and crescent
- The other day Stace asked him "Julian, how old are you?" and he said "14!" Where did that come from!? haha! Again, he understood the question & answered with a number:)
- He understands his opposites, like up and down, big and little...when he talks about something being big and little, he does the FUNNIEST facial expressions and voices. ALSO get that on video! eek!
- He knows that red means stop and green means go!
- This morning when I went to get him from his room, I coughed once when I was about 20 feet from his door. I opened his door, see him lying in his bed and the first thing he says is "God bless you, Mama!" So sweet! He thought I had sneezed! This boy knows how to melt mama's heart:)
No comments:
Post a Comment