Have you seen this video?
I love it. The man in the video is one of the bishops in London, England. He seems awesome. When I lived in London, I attended a Spanish/ Portuguese congregation. I had an awesome Bishop (branch president). He was young just like the bishop in this video. Crystalee...do you remember where he was from? Brazil? I can't remember. Anyway! Aside from the spirit this video brings, it is awesome to me because at one point he is standing in the foyer of the London, England stake center, right in front of the chapel doors. I attended church in that very building. Watching this video brought back great memories. My first Sunday in London, I met lots of new friends from BYU who were also studying abroad, right in that very foyer. Seeing them...seeing that building, walking inside it...it brought SO much peace and comfort to my soul.
I was home.
I was so far away from everything and everyone that was familiar, but when I walked in those doors...I immediately felt safe, secure, and SO happy!! I love how no matter where you go in the entire world, the church is exactly the same...the same gospel, the same hymns, the same lesson that will be taught in my Young Women classroom tomorrow in Gainesville, FL will also be taught in Accra, Ghana, Paris, Sao Paulo, Brazil, Australia, Taiwan, Tonga, etc. The same kind smiles and love is felt from the people around you, but most importantly, the same Spirit. It is so comforting.
Like the
cool Bishop in this video, the way the Book of Mormon has
changed me the most is it has filled me with a desire to become more
like my Savior, Jesus Christ. When I read it, I feel so close to my
Father in Heaven. I know both the Bible
and the Book of Mormon to be the word of God, as they both testify of
our Savior and his love for us. So many answers to my prayers have come
as I read the scriptures, particularly the Book of Mormon. I am so
incredibly grateful for this book in my life.