Friday, June 29, 2012

Garage Sale, Yard Sale...Potato, Patahto...

I am having a garage sale/ yard sale tomorrow!  I have been slowly adding things to my yard sale pile for a while now. It is time, my friends, it is time.  Last Saturday I noticed some nice sturdy signs that simply said "Yard Sale! Lots of Great Stuff!" I went by the sale when it was wrapping up to ask what they were going to do with them to see if I might purchase them. They freely gave them to me, which was awesome! So last night I spruced them up a bit...meaning I just painted the backside of the sign and left the other side as it was. (As someone with a marketing and advertising background, I can appreciate a good sprucing.) Today I posted them with my hammer as my children stared at me bewildered from the double stroller in the blazing hot sun. I have been diligently pricing the items this week...while working around hosting a Mary Kay party, Young Women activities, playgroups, bringing dinner to two families, and trying to make my husband's birthday special.

As I have been working out in the garage just now while my children slumber, a scary thought just hit me. What if nobody comes?! That would be so lame! It makes me nervous!

**Just to clarify...this post is not to guilt-trip any of my friends in Gainesville...haha! (In fact, it seems people in Gainesville don't really do blogging nearly as much as my friends in Tallahassee and elsewhere, so it's likely no Gainesville peeps will even read this:) Plus, I don't play the guilt-trip game.**

 I am talking the general public...what if no one comes? After all this work! 

I still have quite a bit to do...and I want it to be all organized and pretty, but I don't know if I can do that with the limited display supplies I have (tables, etc.) It is starting at 7 AM. Holy cow. That is early. I don't do early. May as well not even go to sleep! ha;)

 I needed a little break...a little creative release, so I gave the blog some attention.  Back to the grindstone...