Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Berry Cute!

Last week I reported that grapes were Boo Boo's favorite fruit. I stand corrected.

he LOVES blueberries! We got them because they're on sale this week at Publix, and boy oh boy, he's been poppin them things like pills! He is definitely his daddy's son. Stace loves them too! I wonder if Stace ate them while Julian was in the womb? oh wait.
Julian has started to tell you what the kitty cat says, but his kitty cat is FEROCIOUS! haha! His dinosaur "rawr" sometimes switches from that of a "Little Foot" nature to more of a T-Rex. I blame this on daddy. Stace has been teaching him to pronounce his "rawrs" with a little more gumption. This has flowed into the kitty cat sound. It sounds like a kitten and a t-rex mixed.

We found Julian a counting book with dinosaurs at TJ Maxx the other day, and he took one look at it and said "rawr!" It's amazing that he knew that they were dinosaurs instantly. He'd never seen those particular drawings of dinosaurs before. He's only seen the life-size ones at Islands of Adventure (which he loved, btw), and the one in his Danny and the Dinosaur book. It's fascinating how much he picks up on!

On Sunday at the end of the Sacrament blessing on the bread, he said "ama!" right after everyone said "amen!" We were so surprised he did that! It was adorable. He said "ama!" before everybody else could on the blessing on the water. He did that last night too! I guess he figures the prayer should be done by about that time.
He is really good now at telling you whether he is "all done" or wants "more food" with his signs. It's funny. I used to be really opposed to teaching sign language. And I'm not all for it now, by any means. I'd rather him say the words, if possible. But just a few signs has made a big difference at mealtimes!

He had to have his "boat" with him!
One more tidbit: Whenever he says "hi dada" he always pats Stace at the same time. It's so cute! We have no idea where J got this patting bit from, nor why he seems to only do it when he says "hi dada!"
I have decided to take the blog private at the end of this month. Hopefully that will give everyone who wants to be able to read this here blog time to shoot me an email by then. :) Just send your email to sirmanskimberly@yahoo.com or leave a comment here with your email address. :) This same message will appear at the end of each post until the end of the month.

No comments: