Saturday, January 15, 2011

Taking steps towards taking steps

He took a few steps towards his soccer ball the other day (he loves to walk with daddy and kick it! It cracks him up!), a few steps towards the trash can, and other instances, but he always decides to squat & then crawl after a few steps.

AND! I feel guilty I left bananas out of his favorite fruit list. How could I forget? He gobbles them down like there's no tomorrow! So, blueberries, bananas and grapes are tops on his fruit list.

He can also say "elbow" "teeth" and "chin." He can show you where these things are too. We are working on saying & using "please", and "thank you" is hit or miss!
He looooves books. Yesterday when he woke up from his nap, I went into his room to get him. Usually he is just delighted to see me, but yesterday he was only delighted to see the books on his nightstand! (Ok, and probably delighted to see someone who would read them to him!) He was pointing to the Spot book on his nightstand and making a noise like he really wanted it. So we went and sat in the glider and read Spot's Birthday Party, Baby Cakes, and others. Lately he loves Mr. Brown can Moo, Can You? by Dr. Seuss. He still loves to chase any kind of ball you give him around the house. He pushes it with the front of his hand, and then chases after it (this all started with the beach ball, but now it's any type of ball)! He also loves bath time!

Lien is paying his Grandmommy a birthday visit. (Notice my sly & casual usage of his new nickname, eh, eh? ;) It's becoming more natural now to say it:) I hope they are having fun, but I am missing him terribly! Be good little Boo Boo! Mama loves you!

I think this is my favorite wrapping job I've ever done on a gift! (This is Grandmommy's other birthday gift!)
I have decided to take the blog private at the end of this month. Hopefully that will give everyone who wants to be able to read this here blog time to shoot me an email by then. :) Just send your email to sirmanskimberly@yahoo.com or leave a comment here with your email address. :) This same message will appear at the end of each post until the end of the month.

1 comment:

natalie said...

I saw your sweet goldielocks Lien tonight at the mall. He even roared for me. Swoon.