Church was so great today! I learned a lot, which lately is more difficult because Julian is so active! I heard a few quotes that I really loved, and I wanted to write them down before I forget them. :) So here goes:
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
"I try to proclaim the gospel everyday. Sometimes, I even use words."
Someone included these "signs of having the Spirit with you", by Elder John H. Groberg in a talk they gave. I looked up the list after church:
*You feel happy and calm.
*You feel full of light
*Your mind is clear
*Your bosom burns with love for the Lord and others
*You feel generous
*Nobody can offend you
*You feel confident in what you do
*You are very forgiving and kind
*You want to make others happy, even those opposed to you
*You are glad when others succeed
*You gladly and willingly perform church work
*You bring out the best and say the best about others
*You wish you could keep all the Lord's commandments
*You feel like praying and reading the scriptures
*You feel you have control of your appetites and emotions: food and sleep in moderation, sexual restraint, recreation
*You are calm and control your speech
*You feel a deep desire to help others-- usually in a way that no one else will know about
*You feel no anger
*You speak and think only good about others
*You feel sorrow when others have problems & sincerely desire to help them
This list spoke to me. I love a list or a quote to look at and say "this is what I want to be like, or do. This is my goal." So, how great to have a list & a quote in one?! :) I can say that my favorite blessing in the entire world, alongside the Savior himself and my husband and baby, is the Gift of the Holy Ghost. It does lead us to do good. It inspires us to "be a little better, to try a little harder." It fills us with love, peace forgiveness, and joy.
Sending good booga booga your way. :)
I have decided to take the blog private at the end of this month. Hopefully that will give everyone who wants to be able to read this here blog time to shoot me an email by then. :) Just send your email to sirmanskimberly@yahoo.com or leave a comment here with your email address. :) This same message will appear at the end of each post until the end of the month.
5 comments:
I really liked this, Kim. Thanks for posting it!
Those same exact three things stood out to me yesterday too! Im glad you posted it so that I could re think about it :)
Sweet post! My blogger e-mail is dah213@hotmail.com. Sign me upppp!!!!!
amazing post. as usual.
your blog is full of sweet inspiration. keep me on the vip list! freya.dian@gmail
Loved the post... would love to keep you with your adorable family. aliciawhite2@yahoo.com
Post a Comment