Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Words: After I handed Julian something tonight at church, one of my young women looked at me and asked "did he just say 'thank you'?"
Yep, he's moved onto "thank you"! He can also tell you what the snake says "sssss!" and then sticks his tongue out with that same adorable little grin! He can say "Jesus" (I am trying to spell how it sounds...it's really difficult! "Jee"...saliva slur..."Jee" or something like that! :) and then he can say "amen" (sounds more like "ama!")
Newfound body word recognition and movements: He can now also show you where his toes are when you ask him. He is getting the hang of how to fold his arms for prayer. He is taking a step or two at a time, but then prefers to crawl.
Foods: He loves trying new things! He still loves tomatoes. He insisted on eating the diced red bell pepper I had on the counter yesterday while preparing dinner. We think he just thought it was tomato and that's why he wanted it so much! He also liked it...well, a few pieces at least. After that, he just threw them on the floor. His favorite fruit so far is a grape, as far as we can tell (just like me! I definitely I ate grapes more than any other fruit while pregnant with him, too). But he'll chew it, then spit out the skin. He does the same with pieces of apple. He has nine teeth.
Current Favorite toys: any ball you hand him, it will entertain him forever. He LOVES the ball toy his Great Uncle CF and Aunt Elaine got him for his birthday (he is holding one of the balls included with that toy in a pic below). He also LOVES the pretend birthday cake toy his cousins Natalie, Fiel, Emme, Clee, and Andrew got him. (Candace: he can blow out the candles now!) He also LOVES the little pull along puppy from Hannah and Chris. Oh! and the Weebles he got from the Lunt Runts! ;) And the Melissa & Doug cutout shape puzzle Santa brought him. Please note: we haven't even opened many of the toys he got yet (ahem, Katie, and others!)...we're trying to make the novelty last as long as possible!
Side note: He can say "apple" like a pro! "Aah-pple!" Tonight, while trying to distract him at YW from playing with markers, I pulled out one of the flash cards I got at the Target $1 bin when he was brand new. I have always just used them to show pictures (they're super illustrations for kids!) and describe to entertain during church. He took one look at the card I showed him and said "ah-pple!" Right on, boy genius! He's been able to do that for a while now though...again, just didn't write it down before. It's still as cute as ever though. In fact, I never wrote this story down either: a few weeks ago he was sitting on the counter at Stace's parents' house and there was a bowl of apples next to him. He pointed at one, said "Aah-pple!", picked it up, and took a teeny bite! So cute!
Today we were reading books, and I was trying to read him a new book, but he moved it over, picked up his Danny and the Dinosaur book and handed it to me. Message received little one! So Danny and the Dinosaur we read. And he was happy:)
Left: If he ever becomes a famous chef, I have lots of pics of him playing with kitchen utensils that he can publish in his memoirs! ;)
Right: I looooove it when he sits like this!
Oh! And he also sat criss-cross applesauce for the first time today!

No comments: